Saturday, January 23, 2010

A Destiny Fulfilled

I greeted the head photographer and discussed how I wanted the pictures to be taken. I had worked with her before so we knew each other’s styles. She asked me to be in a few of the pictures. She expressed her wish to feature my home in one of the publications that she worked with as a freelancer. I thought the idea to be splendid. This way, my condo would get more publicity and hopefully move it off the market faster. I turned to discuss it with Frank and saw the look of approval and pride on his face. That was all that I needed.

The shoot and the taping went well. The photographer said that I would hear from her by Wednesday. I told her that would be good and we could arrange to meet back here at my condo’s office. After they had gone, I went into the kitchen. On the counter next to the refrigerator was a card. The logo on the envelope was of a local florist. I wondered why I hadn’t spotted it earlier when I was in the kitchen. I opened the envelope and the only thing written on the card was ‘J’ ’. That was all I needed to know who had sent all the Calla Lilies.


When I went into Frank’s room he was getting his clothes out. I went and sat on the edge of his bed. I needed to know what he was thinking. He didn’t turn to look at me and that is what got me worried. We had been together too long for me not to know what that meant. I needed him to tell me where he was headed with the information he had received. Finally, he finished with his clothes and turned to me. He stated that he wanted me to sleep with him tonight. He had called his father and mother. He had a long conversation with them and was going to go out to their house tonight. First, he was stopping past the girls and their grandmother’s house. He was going to talk to their grandmother and see what she knew. Then he would give her a date that he would be back for the girls. He wasn’t sure if moving them in the middle of the school year was what he wanted but he would discuss that with his parents and my mother. I was happy that he had included my Mom in his plans. That meant he was really considering one of the homes close to her. “Ugh!” was what I thought then! It meant that if we were going to be together, I might have to live closer to my Mom. Maybe it wouldn’t be too bad, now that I wouldn’t be living alone but with an instant family. I felt like I should vocalize what I had just thought. I did and Frank came to me. He bent down and started kissing me. Just at that moment, I felt very queasy. I told him that I needed to lie down. He moved the pillows off the bed and I laid back. He pulled off my heels and removed my stockings. The mere feeling of his hands on my legs made me wet. I wasn’t going to give in to the desire. Frank had important things to do and I knew that when he returned to me, I would again become wet.

No comments: