Thursday, March 12, 2009

A Destiny Fulfilled.

I thought about what she was saying. Truth be told that’s all I had been thinking about. How could I not? With Frank living in my home and everything that has been going on, I felt very secure with him. I still could not allow myself to become comfortable with him. I knew that he understood the magnitude of his mistake. I, also, knew that you couldn’t keep rehashing on the past. I wanted to let go but I found it very hard. I knew that the hardest thing would be to let go of Friend. Now that I had let him back into my life, I wasn’t sure if I could let him go. However, tonight would be the clincher, though. Once Frank and Friend met my relationship with Friend would never be the same.

That thought sent chills throughout my body. I turned and looked at the clock. 2:30pm, which would give me, time to take a nap before the photographers came. Just then my phone rang. I waited for the caller Id to announce who it was before answering it. When the phone announced Sabrina Watson, I answered it. Immediately I explained what had been going on with me lately. Sabrina seemed surprised at how well I had been handling everything. She really was amazed at the events that were to transpire this evening. She laughed telling me that she wish she could be a fly on the wall. If I hadn’t been so nervous, I may have invited her to come over. We talked for a little while longer and arranged for her to bring over some pieces from the new Michael Kors line for me to review. That was exactly what I needed. A chance to do something that I knew would give me a reprieve from my hectic life. I set the alarm on my clock, laid back and
closed my eyes. I wanted to get as much rest as possible before my appointment.
I jumped up to the sound of my alarm clock. The ringing in my head was almost as loud as the ringing from the alarm clock. I pulled myself out of the bed and headed to my dressing room. Although, I wasn’t going to be photographed, I would still be working. I wanted something professional but still casual. That would be relatively easy as I headed to my Tracy Reese section. I pulled out a black and white pin striped pencil skirt and a white button down silk blouse. I decided that because I may change my mind and be photographed, I would put on my black silk sheer stockings. My black leather and suede pointed – toe oxford bootie pumps by Dolce & Gabbana completed my outfit.
I walked into my bathroom and turned the water on in the shower. I thought about relaxing in my Jacuzzi but wanted to get dressed fast. I sat down on the edge of my bed and tried to understand what was going on with me. I had never felt this bad. It seemed as if someone had zapped me of all my energy. I knew that I must make a doctor’s appointment and fast. I had too much work to do. I couldn’t risk being out of work for any extended period of time. I feel like I’m going stir crazy when I’m not working. I hurried up and jumped into the shower.

Just as I had finished dressing, I heard the doorbell ring. Frank screamed that he would get it and I heard him talking to the front desk. As I started to walk down the stairs, Frank asked if I knew a Samantha. I smiled and nodded my head. Friend had, again, devised a way to help me and still keep our relationship private. I asked Frank to show her into the downstairs study and to offer her a drink. I turned around on the steps and felt like my head was spinning. I grabbed the banister and Frank grabbed me. He started to guide me up the stairs. I asked him to help me downstairs. I knew that I was expecting company and that I would be better downstairs.
Once, I got downstairs I greeted Samantha. She hugged me. I knew that her hug was a silent message from Friend. Her hug spoke volumes about the trust he had instilled in her. I felt self assured that everything was going to be o.k. I asked Samantha if she would like a drink. She asked for water. I asked Frank to show her to the study and then to wait for me there. He looked at me with questions in his eyes. He still did as he was asked, though. I went into the kitchen and got a Deer Park water out of the refrigerator. I poured the water into a champagne glass and then poured Hennessey into a glass for Frank. I knew that after hearing what Samantha had to say and receiving the paternity results, he would need a drink.
I went into the study and handed them both, their drinks. Samantha was laughing at a story Frank was telling about some bank robbers that he had busted. I began to laugh once he got to the part about them trying to open an account at another bank with the money that had dye on it. Frank explained that the teller had put a burglary tool in the bag of money. That when the bag was cut open the dye would explode over all the money. He told how they went into the bank with the money and their ID. They wanted to open a business account and personal accounts. They told the teller that the dye was from their ink presses. The teller hit the silent alarm and continued to take their information as if she was actually opening their accounts. She had them fill out the necessary paperwork which they put all their correct information on. Then she even gave them their complimentary gifts, that they received when they opened an account. That gave Frank and his team enough time to get there to clear the bank and arrest the robbers. By the end of the story, I had positioned myself next to Frank and was actually nestled against him. As I brought the glass of tea I was drinking, up to my mouth, I saw the look of interest in Samantha’s eyes. I didn’t move away from Frank. I just smiled and drank my tea. I then asked if she had the documents with her. She understood the change in the atmosphere and sat her glass of water down. I turned to Frank and explained who Samantha was and what she had with her. Samantha apologized for Friend and stated that he had to attend to other business.
I saw the look on Frank’s face. I asked if he wanted me to excuse myself from the room. He knew that I already was aware of the true identities of the girl’s fathers. He agreed that I should stay as moral support for him. Samantha opened her briefcase and took out the paternity results. She closed her briefcase, laid the documents on them and then started with the legal ratifications. She explained that Frank was the girls’ legal father due to the fact that his name was on their birth certificates. That with his wife giving up her rights to the girls to him, he was legally their only guardian. She then stated that the only way that his custodian could be challenged is if the true biological father or fathers would protest his legal rights. She had drawn up custody documentations and was ready to mail them to the girls’ blood fathers. She said that she knew he had an attorney but that she was acting as the girls’ attorney. I opened my mouth in shock. She said that Friend had hired her to represent them. She also stated that he had set up a small trust fund that was irrevocable for the girls. That it would help with any medical and educational needs that they may have. She stated it wasn’t a lot but enough to help them. She also stated that Friend did it out of one of his family’s charities and that kept everything legit, legal and not personal. I knew that Friend set it up this way so that Frank wouldn’t resist or reject any of it. I smiled at Samantha. Her eyes acknowledged it but her face and words didn’t. Frank just thanked her. The sound of his voice was of awe and suspense. I could tell that he hadn’t fully taken everything in as he was ready for the paternity results. Samantha sensed his anticipation and without saying anything else handed him the envelope.
Frank looked at me before opening the envelope. I smiled and squeezed his leg. He breathed deep and then opened the envelope. He read the first document all the way through. When he got to the last line he read it, sighed and said that it couldn’t be right. I knew that what he had just read would destroy more than him but his whole family. Then he looked at the second document and skimmed to the bottom line. He threw the papers onto the couch and stood up. Pacing back and forth he just kept shaking his head. Samantha stood up. I immediately stood up also. Samantha gathered her briefcase and spoke to Frank. She told him that she would be able to speak with him after he had some time to clear his head and work on his next strategy.
Frank shook hands with her as I started to walk her to the door. Samantha and I didn’t say anything until we had gotten to the front door. Samantha said that Friend wanted me to call him when I got a chance. She also apologized in having to be the bearer of this extraordinary news. I told her that it was something that needed to be done. I, also, told her that I would call her on Monday to discuss how her taking over as representative of the girls’ would affect my case against their mother. Samantha stated that she had already taken that into account and thought she had the perfect remedy for that. I snickered because I already had the feeling she had something worked out. Just as I opened the door, my bell rang. I asked her to please step back inside as I needed to answer that before she got on the elevator. When she had stepped back into the foyer, I closed and locked the door behind her. I turned and answered the security desk’s phone. The security guard on duty told me that I had a camera crew ready to come upstairs. I asked him to have them ride the service elevator, as I had someone coming down on the front elevator. He agreed and said that he would wait until he saw my guest get into the front elevator. I thanked him and hung up the phone. I told Samantha that it was ok for her to leave now. We hugged and she left.
I called out to Frank to let him know that the photographer and their camera crew were here. He said that he would be out in a minute. I really wanted to call everything off for today but knew that I would have a chance to be with Frank once they left. I went into the study to get my notes and ran into Frank. I looked up at him. He stopped, pulled me to him and held me like he would never let me go. I immediately held him back. Frank said that he wanted to make sure that everything that was happening was real. He said that it felt as if everything around him was a dream. I stepped back and looked up at him. I took his hand and placed it to my heart. I told him that the love I felt for him was very real. That we would somehow find a way to get through everything, together. Frank picked me up and held me. He pulled me close to him, so that he could feel my heart beating. He laid his head against my heart and held me until we heard the doorbell ring. Frank didn’t put me down but carried me into the foyer with him. I held on for dear life. The movement, the emotions, it was all too much. I was starting to feel dizzy. Frank put me down just in the knick of time. I turned and ran into the front hall bathroom. The doorbell rang again and Frank opened the door. I heard him greeting the crew and then excusing himself.
When Frank opened the bathroom door, I was on the floor with my head over the toilet. I agreed that enough was enough. I was going to make a doctor’s appointment and see what was going on. I thought that perhaps with all the drama, I had developed an ulcer. Frank handed me a wet washcloth and asked if there was anything that he could do. I told him where my notes were in the study and that he could start the crew with the notes. He agreed, bent down, kissed me and then went to get them started.
I stood up, turned on the water and started to wash my face. I looked in the mirror and was happy with the person that was looking back at me. The person was tired but happy to be alive. I decided that after I had told Frank that I loved him, it was time to end my relationship with Jason. My heart was finally going to win out over my mind. Funny, I laughed to myself, my mind was starting to tell me that Frank was here I belonged. I still had to figure out the situation with the girls’ but I would do it one step at a time. I rinsed the washcloth, brushed my teeth, gargled, rewiped my face and hung the washcloth out to dry. I brushed my hair and left the bathroom, cutting the light off behind me.

No comments: