Monday, September 8, 2008

The Beginning - My Diary2

Who knew that the words, I laughed at last night was actually going to come back and haunt me. I woke up this morning finally after getting some real sleep and called Frank Sr. I told him that Frank had come in this morning. I wasn’t sure if he was there when we first spoke but that I heard him shortly after. I told him about Frank’s staying in the den and how I thought it would be good for Frank to see a psychiatrist or therapist. When our conversation was over, I went into my bathroom and washed up. Then I went into my dressing room, which is the size of two rooms. Actually, that’s what it was before I had the walls removed and it converted into one room. I went to my D&G Dolce & Gabbana section. I pulled out my D&G Dolce & Gabbana Tie-Neck Blouse in light blue and my D&G Dolce & Gabbana Argyle Cardigan in heather multi with my D&G Dolce & Gabbana dress pants in heather grey. I completed the look with my D&G Dolce & Gabbana Amber Loafers and Lily Satchel. Once my outfit was complete, I was ready to start my day. I peeped in the den before going into my home office. Frank was still asleep. I needed to check my daytimer for my appointments. I still had a problem getting used to PDAs. I loved Outlook because I could access it from anywhere. That didn’t stop me from writing my appointments in my daytimer. Afterwards, I called Brandi and Brianna. I needed to meet them both at my brokerage. I knew that work is what needed to be by priority in the few weeks to come. With holidays coming up, business in both of my fields become demanding. Sellers and buyers wanted to sell and purchase homes before December 31st and employees testing the Human Resource policies for the holidays.


I waited for my housekeeper to come before I left. I called downstairs and asked them to get my Jaguar XK ready. I was going to look into storing my cars some place else than the garage. I thought with the suspicions I had about Ralph perhaps my vehicles weren’t safe there. Once my housekeeper got there, I explained to her that I had a guest in the den. I told her that I wasn’t sure how long he would be staying but to make him feel like it was his home. She was happy to have someone to serve. Most of the time I’m not home and I keep it short with her. Once, all of the arrangements had been made, I left.


When I got downstairs my car was ready and waiting. I thanked the valet, tipped him and got ready to go. Before pulling out, I adjusted my mirrors to see if the black car was anywhere in sight. I didn’t notice it. I jumped on the Queens Midtown tunnel ramp to take me into Manhattan. I felt relieved to be going to work. I knew that I had a busy day ahead of me. The best de-stressing technique for me is work. So I was overjoyed to be able to go in and take my mind off of my personal life. Lately, my personal life was becoming so filled with drama. Seems no matter where I turned there was drama. That wouldn’t be a problem for me today, though. Work was my main goal of focus.

My Bluetooth rang as I was going through the tunnel. The caller id said “private”. Usually, I would jump to answer it but today, I decided against it. I didn’t want anything to interfere with my frame of mind. My cell phone beeped and I knew that whoever had attempted to call me had left a message. “Oh well, there’ll be time for that shit, later” I thought to myself. It was my personal cell phone that I had hooked up to my car’s Bluetooth.

As I crossed into Manhattan, I felt a strange rush come over me. This was one of the first times that I had ever had that feeling. I couldn’t quite make it out. I checked my mirrors again looking for the black car. Damn! Just when I was starting to relax, I thought. Oh, well! I had my gun strapped right to my waist. I pulled into my company’s parking lot and got ready to work. I wasn’t worried about another car following me in here because this parking lot was strictly for occupants of the building. You also needed a swipe card to get the gate to lift. I pulled into the closest space near the elevator. Although, I knew to be cautious, my momma didn’t raise a fool. So I was watching my back. I walked to the elevator and the strange feeling washed over me again. I looked around and didn’t see anything unusual. I stepped into the empty elevator and pushed the button for my office.

When I stepped off the elevator, everything seemed fine. I must be getting paranoid over nothing, I thought. I walked into my office and greeted the employees. Brandi was on the computer and Brianna was talking to a client. I waved at them to let them know I was here. The receptionist handed me a stack of call messages. She had them separated by date, time and matter or urgency. I knew that I had enough to keep me occupied until Brandi and Brianna were able to join me in my office.

When I opened my office door the scent of Starbucks ‘White Chocolate Mocha’ embraced me. It was steaming hot and full of whipped crème, just the way I like it. I was glad to know that my security guy was monitoring the tapes and saw me pull into the parking lot. It made me feel safe. It didn’t take long before my personal assistants joined me. We went over the messages and memos for each that pertained to them. After we had brainstormed, I had my administrative assistant join us and we started with the most pertinent business and worked our way down.

Everything was going well until the receptionist buzzed me. She stated that Friend was on the phone. I excused everyone from my office. I always took his calls in private. Very few people knew about Friend and that’s how I liked it. Although, I wanted no drama while I was working, I hadn’t heard from him since Friday. When I spoke into the phone the voice that responded didn’t seem right. I asked Friend immediately, What was wrong? At first, I didn’t get a response. So I repeated the question. While I waited for an answer, I got up from my chair and walked over to the window. I had just leaned my head against it when Friend started talking. He explained that the reason he hadn’t gotten back to me on Sunday was because he had sent some of his guys to my condo. I started to open my mouth and question why as I thought about Frank being there. Before I could say anything, he told me that they only went to view the tape from the garage. He said that after they viewed the tape and made a copy, they started requesting to see the files of the employees. I still couldn’t understand why. I thought that maybe I should be sitting so I went back to my seat and sat down. Friend explained that some of the valet workers, security and doormen all had suspicions about Ralph. Friend said that when his guys asked questions about me, all sorts of information were being divulged. My heart skipped. I didn’t want Friend that much into my personal life. I knew that I had to find out what was going on but I hadn’t thought about my life being under scrutiny.

So as I sat there, I heard all kinds of stories about Ralph meeting with someone outside the building. Friend said that the employees had overheard him on the phone telling who was coming and going from my place. It seems that when Ralph would meet whomever he was discussing me with on the outside, he made sure not to be in the way of the cameras. So they didn’t know who he was meeting. Friend informed me that he had talked to the Condo Association and Management teams. Friend felt that they were sincere in their wanting to help find out what was going on. He stated that once they understood the severity of the situation and the publicity that could be shone on them, negatively, they agreed. Friend went on explaining that he didn’t want me staying there until we found out everything.


I explained to him that I had a houseguest and that with my guest there, I felt safe. Friend didn’t respond. That let me know right then and there that my houseguest was not a surprise to him. Friend said “Oh yeah, about that” and then he went into Frank and his wife’s story. He explained about the little girl’s illness. He then stated that he knew exactly who the girls’ fathers were. I wasn’t surprised. I knew Friend and his family were well connected. Old money, power and politics went hand in hand in his family.

Friend went on discussing what he knew about Frank’s wife. After he had finished I told him about my accident on Friday. He got hysterical. Friend demanded to know why I hadn’t called him then and there. I calmly let him know because I knew his response would be like this. I told him it was the same car, from earlier in the week. Friend then started telling me that whoever had rented the car had done it with a prepaid visa and that the license presented wasn’t legal. He stated that he felt strongly whoever had been stalking me was tied to Ralph and not involved with Frank’s wife. I felt some what relieved knowing she hadn’t been to my house. Only because, I hated to think that she had the upper hand on me as I came and went. I knew from everything that Friend was saying I had to be on my Ps and Qs.


We talked for a little while longer. Friend still insisted on me staying at a hotel. I promised that if I felt or saw anything out of the ordinary, I would call him and go to a hotel. I thanked him with his promising to answer his phone no matter where he was or what time of the day. I could tell from the tone of his voice that he was concerned. I knew that I would want to see him before the end of the week. I didn’t say it out loud. Had I said that to him, Friend would’ve been to me in a heartbeat. When I hung up the phone, I immediately felt the same rush coming over me. I finished up my work for the day and then left to go home.

When I got in my car, I realized that I hadn’t spoken to either Justin or Frank. I took out my personal cell phone and dialed to check the messages. The first message was from the private caller.Whoever it was had left just a lot of heavy breathing. Just as I was going to delete that message, I heard a lady scream and then laughing. I shivered and pressed to save the message. The next message was from Justin saying that he wanted me to call him. I knew it wasn’t anything serious with him. The next call was from Frank. He said that his wife had called my house a few times today. Frank said that he hadn’t answered the phone but saw the caller id.

Then he started laughing and crying. Frank said that when his wife had called him she was screaming that the neighbors had all seen the DVD. Frank said that she was hysterical as she told him how everyone was laughing and pointing at her. He said that she was acting as if he was to blame for her getting busted. I could hear all the emotion in his voice as he tried to remain calm.

I told him everything that Friend had said. That was enough to straighten him up. He immediately stopped crying and kicked into detective mode. I had to laugh as he questioned me. Frank scolded me and told me that it wasn’t a laughing matter. I gave him all the information that Friend had given me. I then told him that I was only 2 blocks from my place. He said that he would come down to meet me outside. I laughed and told him, I thought it would be a good idea.

When I pulled up to the front of my condo building, Frank was already standing outside. Before, I could get out of the car, he jumped in. He told me to drive my car around into the parking garage. He didn’t want anyone else to drive it. I realized that whatever was going on wasn’t a joke. I did exactly as he told me.

When we pulled into the garage next to my SUV, Frank got out. He walked around to my side and opened the door. As we went to walk through the security entrance, I heard a scream. I turned to see where and who the sound had come from. Just as I turned, I felt a pounding on my head. I stumbled back. I realized that I had been hit with something. Before I could stop myself, I launched at the person. I had my hands around her throat and was sitting of top of her. I, thank goodness, hadn’t thought about my gun. I was pounding her head into the pavement as she was scratching at my face and eyes. I felt Frank pulling me off of her. As he pulled, I just kept stomping her in her head and stomach. Then there were people everywhere. Frank had me in his arms, trying to carry me through the doors. As I was struggling to get out of his clutch, I saw her. It was Frank’s wife. “Bitch, I’m going to kill you!” I screamed before jabbing Frank in his side and then running towards her. She stood with her feet firmly planted and her fists up. As I got upon her I kicked her in the stomach. She stumbled and reached to grab me. I bent low and kicked her again. This time she fell backwards. I stood over her and kept kicking her in her head and stomach. When Frank grabbed me, this time, I didn’t struggle with him. I went to walk away with him but then I stopped. His wife was talking to some spectators and the security guards were rushing towards us. I gargled and spat the biggest wad of spit, I could muster from within me. I spat straight in her face. The crowd standing around started to laugh, as she started to cry. I realized how pathetic she was.

Frank walked me into the security office, as the security guards put handcuffs on her. I couldn’t take anymore. I just looked at Frank and started to cry. I got so mad at myself for crying. Only thing is that’s exactly why I was crying because I was mad. For one brief moment as I sat there, I wished I had pulled out my gun and shot her. Then Frank would be free of her but have his daughters. I should have stayed at a hotel, I thought and then started laughing.

No comments: