Tuesday, September 30, 2008

My Diary - Still at the Beginning 2

As I got out of my car, I knew that this shit was getting out of hand. I would really have to let Friend know how confined, I was starting to become. This would send him into a faster pace with his people. I walked into the lawyer’s building and gave my name to the receptionist. She told me that Samantha’s office was on the 3rd floor and she would buzz me up. I thanked her and got on the elevator. After pressing the button for the 3rd floor, I thought about my life again. It seemed to be on the elevator, in the car, back to the elevator and all over again. I didn’t know what was making me so grumpy but I didn’t like it. Maybe I was the one that needed psychiatric testing, I laughed.

When I stepped off the elevator, I was really impressed. The hardwood floors and marble desk tops were beautiful. I was going to be sure and ask who designed this office. I would ask them to do my next house and possibly Faith and Hope’s new offices. I had never met Samantha but I thought it was her I saw, as she sat in the office with a client. I sat down and picked up Black Enterprise to read. It was showcasing a female dentist from Washington, Dc. The article was very interesting. I then thought about the fact that the receptionist didn’t give me any forms to fill out. I got up and walked back to her desk. I asked her shouldn’t I fill out any information for payment. She asked my name again and I repeated it for her. She just smiled at me and said that my bill had been taken care off. I knew immediately what that meant. I thanked her and went back to my seat. I took my cell phone out of my Hogan Woody Media tote and called Friend. He didn’t answer, so I left a message. I hung up and couldn’t believe that for me to have 3 men in my life, at least 2 of them seemed unavailable. Oh well, I thought, what’s a woman to do. I sat back and took in the rest of the décor. It really was amazing the warmth and comfortability of the office was great. Just then I felt a funny feeling in my stomach. I wasn’t sure what it was but knew that I would need to get something to eat and fast. I looked around and spotted a table with coffee and pastry. I got up and went to get a pastry. Just as I went to put it into my mouth, the lady I thought was Samantha called me. Damn It! I thought but didn’t put the pastry down.

I followed her into her office. Samantha was quite easy to talk with. It seemed as if I was talking to Faith or Hope. She took notes and even laughed at different times throughout the story. She felt with all the evidence I had, we had a solid case against Frank’s wife. I didn’t have any doubt that my case was solid, though. I didn’t practice the law but I knew it. I thanked Samantha, asked her to tell Friend that I would get back with him and left.

It wasn’t until I was on the elevator, yet again, that I realized that I hadn’t called my driver. When I attempted to call him, I couldn’t get service from any of my phones. I put all but one of my phones away and decided to cal from the lobby. When the elevator reached the ground floor, I got off and walked to the front door. Just as I was going to call my driver, I saw him waiting outside. Always the faithful, I laughed and went to the car. Just as he went to close the door, I thought that I glimpsed the same black car that had been following me. I couldn’t be sure and as quickly as I thought I saw it, the car was gone.

I decided to brush that thought from my head as I had to concentrate on work. It took us almost an hour to get across town. At this time of the day, traffic seemed to be the worst.
I hadn’t realized that we were at my office, until I heard my driver calling me. Guess, that I had closed my eyes and that was all I wrote. Between last night and this morning, my body needed the rest. My dreams were till full of the pig’s head, the black car, Frank’s wife and someone in a mask. I thought I recognized the voice of the masked man but couldn’t be sure. I had too much to deal with to try and be analyzing my dreams, now,

When the car stopped, I got out and hurried upstairs. Once upstairs, I met with my whole staff. I wanted everyone to know that I was listing my condo and that only I could approve the viewings. I also told them that I would only be working 3 days a week in the upcoming month. I answered their questions as best as I could. When the meeting was over I called, Brandi, Brianna and Melody into my office. I explained to Brandi that I needed the list of applicants to interview. I wanted her to know that I really needed someone to cover her hours. She gave me her list of candidates. Melody suggested a temporary associate that we had used from a Temp agency that worked with us on various occasions by the name of Raevyn. I told Melody that I really liked that suggestion. I asked Brianna to call and schedule an interview. I had Brandi call and schedule for the photographer to meet me at the condo tomorrow to take pictures. By this time I was exhausted and hungry. I asked that they call me at the condo tomorrow. I told them that I would be working from home. I gathered up the paperwork I would need and left.

Pulling up in front of my condo building, I couldn’t wait to put it on the market. The condo that I had been so proud to purchase was now becoming like a prison to me. I just always seemed to have a sinking feeling when I arrived. Even when my door was closed, I no longer felt safe. Thank goodness, Frank hadn’t moved out, yet. I knew that was coming soon, though. I had listings and was ready to show them to him, if possible, tomorrow. I had also been able to schedule for the photographer to come and take pictures. My housekeeper was coming early to do a thorough cleaning. I wanted my spiral staircase to be waxed. I intended on not only posting pictures of my condo but also showcasing a virtual tour. This way people could see my condo without having to come and actually see it.

No comments: