Sunday, September 14, 2008

My Diary - Still at the Beginning

When we arrived at my office building, I was glad to be at work. I knew that my day was going to be busy. I had the real estate agent coming in at 10am for the written warning. Although, my agents worked for commission, I paid them a draw payment each week. That meant they would receive a check and at the end of the month, their commission check would be issued minus any payments they had received over the month. Well, because he hadn’t been coming in, his draw was overdrawn. Since I'm the drawer, I had to hire a new agent because of his missing open houses and not following up with potential clients. I am real serious about my agents’ professionalism. Every thing they do or don’t do reflects back on me. The agency is in my name and I worked hard to get my own brokerage. When Brandi came in to tell me that the agent had I arrived, I asked her to have Brianna come in along with the receptionist. I normally like to have witnesses to the write-ups, this protects me. I try to sit them strategically to have the agent not feel threatened and become defensive. When he walked into the office he was very hostile at first but after we talked and I showed him his attendance calendar, his missed appointments and his goal, he relaxed. We discussed that one of his professional goals were to eventually own his brokerage. Once we went through what was still needed to accomplish this, he thanked me. He informed me that he had gotten so happy with the checks he had made that he had become complacent. I knew that it’s easy for that to happen. A lot of agents make between $30,000 - $40,000 a month and they get happy with that and don’t strive for more. I was happy with the outcome of this write-up. When he left; my staff when over the meeting, dissecting how it was handled. We discussed what could have been done to have made it go smoother and faster. We talked about the positive issues that were brought up. When I looked at the clock we had just enough time to eat before the first settlement. While the receptionist typed up the notes from the meeting, Brianna filed the write up and Brandi set up the conference room for the 1st scheduled settlement. I called to have lunch delivered to us. When lunch arrived, I sat with everyone in the break room. It allowed me to talk with the rest of the staff. I think my being involved with them helps to boost the morale. It was just as good for me because it gave me something else to focus on, other than my life. I listened and laughed at what my employees were saying. I finished eating and helped to clean up. We had just gotten finished when the attorneys started to arrive. I showed them into the conference room and then excused myself. I walked through my office and into my private bathroom. I brushed my teeth and washed my hands. Before going into the conference room, I checked my messages. Nothing from Friend and 2 messages from Justin. I grabbed my Sidekick to text Justin real quick. I told him that I missed him and would call him in between settlements. I didn’t wait for his response but went straight into the conference room.


The rest of the day went without any snags. I was going over some properties when Friend called. I immediately stopped looking at the houses to take his call. He told me to meet him at the Trump International Hotel and Tower. He was in our usual room, the Executive Park View Suite. He knew that I loved it there. The view of Central Park from the ceiling to floor windows was to die for. I told him that I had plans to meet Faith and Hope that night. I asked if he could give me an hour and I would be there. He said he would order up fruit and drinks. I laughed and told him if he ordered up alcohol, I would want something more than fruit but light to eat. He agreed and knowing Friend like I did, I knew he wouldn’t disappoint me. I hung up, went into my private bathroom and opened my closet. I kept emergency outfits at work. I never knew when I would need to change or be prepared to go away on a minute’s notice. I took out my Alexander McQueen Draped Jersey Dress, my Christian Louboutin Mary Jane Platform shoes in black, my black Christian Louboutin Pleated Leather Clutch purse, my Badgley Mischka Fragrance and my Dolce & Gabbana Eva Push-Up Bra & Thong set. I packed everything into my Gucci Tote/Messenger and Garment Bag. When I was finished packing, I carried my bags into my office. I called downstairs to have my driver come up to collect the bags and put them in the trunk. I then called the Ocean Jewel’s restaurant in Flushing to make dinner reservations. Once, that was completed I was ready to go. I went into the outer office to speak with my assistants before leaving. Brianna was on the phone and Brandi confirmed that I didn’t have anything going on with real estate before 2pm,tomorrow. I thanked Brandi, told Brianna to call me later and left.

No comments: